Monday, November 23, 2009

Kids vs. Crazy Teachers

I'm out for Thanksgiving Vacation!!!!!!!! I plan on sleeping late, eating my mom's food, shopping and sleeping more. The last week before break was challenging (ie. children refusing to go home for a whole week, children telling me they could fly (literally), children getting suspended for kicking me, you know, the usual.)
This week marked the teacher's vs. students basketball game. I was cohered into playing. I am possibly the worst basketball player on earth and had to be repeatedly reminded to dribble. Needless to say, we completely crushed the small fifth graders on height alone. I thought we should probably let them win a little bit, but instead we beat them by 20 points. The best part was the DJ who played all the classics, Stanky Legg, Solja Boy, Jerk. The entire school from pre-k to 6th grade knew all the moves and it was fantastic. It was the most fun I've had at school in a long time.
In other news, I am now in charge of the after school program for the 2nd and 3rd grade. It's more responsibility and more money. I'm excited (if not a little overwhelmed). Our Dean of Students told me on Friday that I had an unnatural gift for teaching, that I was truly extraordinary. Also I received this note from one of my students:
"My teacher is da best teacher in the hole school. She help me wid my math work and wid my reading work. She said clen out your desks and I clened out my desk. I love my teacher. " :)

1 comment: