Saturday, November 7, 2009

WATER HOSE


So things have been really great. With a few exceptions, my class has been running smoothly. My school is deciding wether or not to go year round, and I'm totally for it. We would go to school for three months, and then be off for one month. It would really help me cut down on planning during the time with the kids and let me go see my family more often. It would also be more money!

We did a math problem this week on fundraising. I asked for examples of fundraisers. The kids were mentioning the usual: free dress day, book fair, selling candy etc. One of my kids shouts out "WATER HOSE." This same kid, while we were walking down the hall, dive bombed on the floor face first, sliding on his stomach in an attempt to catch an ink pen that I dropped 2 seconds before. Also this week the assistant principal and I chased one of my students around the school for 20 minutes because he wouldn't blow his health-hazard running nose. I am NEVER bored.
I had been having a lot of problems with my smartest kid. He's convinced he can't do anything and complains all day about how hard the work is. I've tried everything, but something happened yesterday and he finally got to work after hours of coaxing. His writing assignment came out beautifully. I made him this certificate for "wonderful writing" and was genuinely proud of his effort. I hope it continues, because I really can't stand to see someone give up with so much potential.

1 comment:

  1. I think year-round school would totally be the way to go. And yes, come see your family (AND ME!) more! ;) I'm ready!

    ReplyDelete