Friday, October 23, 2009

Raccoon bumblebee


I am on the positive behavior support team for our school. Our mascot is a bee, so my supervisor asked me to wear a bee costume and go see the little kids to talk about the rules. I made it out of a sweatshirt, yellow duct tape and styrofoam. It's kind of amazing. You wouldn't believe how fun it is to run around a group of preschool kids buzzing. The rest of the week all the little kids kept saying "she's the bee lady." I think they think I'm a super hero. They keep asking me to fly.

In language we are studying that when a question begins with "when" the answer has to be a time. I had the whole class write to when sentences about anything they wanted. One of my students scribbled all over his sheet instead of writing anything. I told him to erase it and try harder. Here are the completed, successful, and creative sentences he wrote:
"When will I eat coon?"
"When will I fly?"

4 comments:

  1. Do you think he has actually eaten coon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a photo of super-teacher as bee?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo will be posted on the website. I'll send you guys the link. Yes, he has actually eaten coon. Poor little raccoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is hilarious. I can't wait to see the picture. Please email me. :)

    ReplyDelete